Some more work on the model, reduced the depth of the panel, dimensions are not final.
First time using Sketchup as well, pretty nice program.
A draft of the arcade unit
Stuff still to do
- Make wooden sections rather than a single block.
- Finalise dimensions.
- Create a bevelled socket for the joystick mounting plate so the top of the plate is flush with the top of wooden panel.
- Add output/input ports.
- Add USB hub.
- Add Start, Coin and Exit buttons
- Possibly introduce a fan into the design.
- Give the box some curves to make it look nicer.
- Add some rubber pads on the bottom panel for grip.
And then build a prototype so I can feel the size of the box.